Archive Page - 08/16/13 40 years, 2,169 covers and 54,876 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- New Kids on the Block's Jonathan Knight Will Compete on The Amazing Race
- The Style Top 5: The Best Star Style From the PEOPLE Magazine Awards
- Kim Kardashian Wore Fur-Lined Strappy Stilettos, and Yes, There are Photos
- What's the One Thing Mulaney Star Martin Short Likes to Cook?
- Alexis Shapiro: Losing Weight, Loving Life
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Friday December 19, 2014 09:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 11, 1998
- Vol. 49
- No. 18
Gwyneth Paltrow: Actress
And she doesn't gild the lily. "She's an astonishingly beautiful person who still looks like a real person," says Douglas McGrath, who directed Paltrow in the elaborate 1996 Jane Austen film Emma. "In photos, you see precisely what she is feeling at the time. Delight, annoyance, hilarity—it all shows up." In her current romantic comedy Sliding Doors, notes New York Observer critic Rex Reed, Paltrow's "a game and gorgeous commodity...[who] displays more depth and range as an actress than her previous films have allowed."
As of last winter, the 5'9" Paltrow, who split with fiancé Brad Pitt in 1997, has been sporting the look of love, thanks to Good Will Hunting actor and Oscar-winning screenwriter Ben Affleck. But even when glued to an Adonis, this Venus has a coltish-ness that Matt Reeves, who directed her in 1996's The Pallbearer, finds "approachable and accessible. Then suddenly she shifts her head a bit, and you realize that she is extraordinarily stunning. It takes you by surprise, like a sucker punch." What a knockout!
December 19, 2014
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!