Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Former Power Rangers Star Ricardo Medina Jr. Denies Killing His Roommate with a Sword
- Read the Cover Story: Brad & Angelina Split After 12 Years: It's Over
- Family Love! Tracee Ellis Ross Shares Cute Snapshot of Mom Diana Ross and Sisters
- Robin Williams' Widow Susan Pens Emotional Essay About Actor's Final Months
- Hugh Hefner Squashes Rumors That He's 'Sick' – and Enjoys Movie Night with Wife Crystal!
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 11, 1998
- Vol. 49
- No. 18
Gwyneth Paltrow: Actress
And she doesn't gild the lily. "She's an astonishingly beautiful person who still looks like a real person," says Douglas McGrath, who directed Paltrow in the elaborate 1996 Jane Austen film Emma. "In photos, you see precisely what she is feeling at the time. Delight, annoyance, hilarity—it all shows up." In her current romantic comedy Sliding Doors, notes New York Observer critic Rex Reed, Paltrow's "a game and gorgeous commodity...[who] displays more depth and range as an actress than her previous films have allowed."
As of last winter, the 5'9" Paltrow, who split with fiancé Brad Pitt in 1997, has been sporting the look of love, thanks to Good Will Hunting actor and Oscar-winning screenwriter Ben Affleck. But even when glued to an Adonis, this Venus has a coltish-ness that Matt Reeves, who directed her in 1996's The Pallbearer, finds "approachable and accessible. Then suddenly she shifts her head a bit, and you realize that she is extraordinarily stunning. It takes you by surprise, like a sucker punch." What a knockout!
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!