Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,189 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Watch the Trailer for Will Smith's Concussion, Which Examines the Dangers of Football
- Read the Cover Story: Meet the American Heroes Who Stopped French Train Attack
- Suicidal Teen Allegedly Texted Friend, 'Let's Do a Romeo and Juliet,' Says Lawyer
- Real Housewives of Orange County Recap: Vicki Gunvalson Brings Her Meghan Edmonds Beef (and Heather Dubrow Brings Her Leeches) to Tamra Judge's Sex Party
- Ne-Yo Is Engaged and Expecting a Baby with New Fiancée Crystal Renay
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 11, 1998
- Vol. 49
- No. 18
Olivia Newton-John: Singer/actress
But she has learned a lot in the last two decades. A high-profile spokeswoman for breast cancer awareness, Newton-John, a survivor of the disease who was diagnosed and treated in 1992, says that her experience has "affected me on every level. I think it has made me appreciate the day, no matter what the day is." Though she tries to stick to a diet of mainly tofu, veggies and rice, she has relaxed her once-obsessive ways. "I think if you're fanatical, you don't enjoy life," she says. "I'll eat red meat on occasion if my body tells me I need it. I was vegetarian for a number of years, and I got very weak on it. It obviously wasn't right for my body."
Some things that are right include sunblock and eye cream. And the 5'6" Newton-John, whose first album in four years, the country-flavored Back with a Heart, comes out this month, soaps up her fine features twice a day. "I had pimples into my 20s," she says, "and I still get them occasionally. No matter how tired I am, or how late it is, I'll always wash my face before going to bed."
Divorced since 1995 from actor Matt Lattanzi, Newton-John lives with daughter Chloe, 12, on the beach in Malibu, where she runs daily through the nearby hills with her three dogs to keep her figure trim. But she credits nature for keeping her young. "I think it's just genetics," she says. "My mom [Irene, 84, a former corporate publicist] still looks good." With the big five-o looming in September, she says, "The way I'm looking at it is, 'Wow, I got to 50, and I feel good and I look reasonably good.' " And with Sandy-style exuberance, she adds, "I'm going to party around the world!"
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!