Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Gladys Tordil, 44, Allegedly Gunned Down by Estranged Husband in Maryland High School Shooting Leaving Another Injured: Report
- Read the Cover Story: Prince Harry: Finding My Purpose
- WATCH: Adele Helps Same-Sex Couple Get Engaged During Copenhagen Concert, Volunteers to be Their Surrogate
- Former NFL Star Will Smith's Widow Racquel Accepts Masters Degree on Late Husband's Behalf
- Kristen Bell Discusses Dealing with Anxiety and Depression: 'I Shatter a Little Bit When I Think People Don't Like Me'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 11, 1998
- Vol. 49
- No. 18
Brendan Fraser: Actor
With a body achieved through six months of "an almost ritualistic" high-protein, low-carbohydrate diet and pumping iron daily, Fraser had women ready and willing to give up civilization. But now the frame has changed. Maintaining that superbod "would be too much work, too much discipline," Fraser says. "I'm on to another project, another look." This one is no less satisfying: He has cut and moussed his soft brown hair and is settling back into his slender 6'3" figure. The relaxed demeanor comes courtesy of deep-tissue massages in Los Angeles's Koreatown. "They sit on you and use their elbows and knees," he says. "It's revitalizing."
Besides, there's more to the man than muscle. "A lot of handsome guys don't have that naive sweetness about them," says Alicia Silverstone, Fraser's costar in next winter's romantic comedy Blast from the Past. "They're sexy, but they don't have Brendan's wide-eyed innocence." Perhaps that's what makes this hunk so appealing to the 6-year-olds who flocked to George—then buried him in crayon-written fan mail. "There's not enough room on my fridge for all those cute pictures," he confesses.
How do we break it to schoolgirls that their George, George, George of the jungle has already found true love? When he proposed to actress Afton Smith (she appeared in George and Reality Bites) in Paris last fall, "it was cold, and we had on dark turtlenecks and long French coats," he recalls. "We were so far removed from the pressures of being conscious about our appearances. It was just being in love that made us beautiful."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!