Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,189 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- WikiLeaks' Chelsea Manning Insists She's Not 'A Radical' In Rare Interview From Prison
- Read the Cover Story: Meet the American Heroes Who Stopped French Train Attack
- TV Judge Joe Brown Completes 5-Day Jail Sentence for Contempt of Court: 'I Would Do It Again'
- One More Selfie, Please! Kourtney Kardashian Snaps Photo with Mom Kris Jenner's Boyfriend Corey Gamble
- Cheryl Burke, Joe Jonas and Seth Green Have All the Right Moves on Hollywood Game Night
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 11, 1998
- Vol. 49
- No. 18
Celine Balitran: Teacher's Aide/model
The pair met in Paris in 1996 while Clooney was filming The Peacemaker. He stopped into Barfly, a trendy nightclub where Balitran, now 23, waited tables while attending law school. A few months later she left behind her parents (mother Annie works in a law office, father Alain owns a travel agency) and four siblings to follow Clooney to L.A., where she volunteers part-time as a kindergarten teacher's assistant. She also signed with Ford Models last June and recently wrapped a Gap commercial. "She has this fresh, bubbly look that's very appealing." says agency CEO Katie Ford.
Balitran indulges in weekly manicures and pedicures. "I like to feel clean, to take off skin," she says. "I try to look pretty. I know people judge me by how I look." Yet just because she accompanies Clooney down red carpets doesn't mean that she borrows dresses or hires stylists: "I do my own hair and makeup. I know exactly what I want. Besides, I'm not an actress. I don't have to look as good as they do. I just like to look classy."
And does she ever succeed. "There's a warmth and innocence to her, and yet, she's a lady," observes Clooney pal and Spin City star Richard Kind. "Around the house she's never really dressed up. Then when you see her in long, beautiful gowns you say, 'What kind of woman has appeared before me?' She is Gigi!"
September 01, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!