Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Harry Styles on Life After One Direction: 'It's Good For Us to Be Exploring Different Things'
- Read the Cover Story: Brad & Angelina Split After 12 Years: It's Over
- What's at Stake in Naomi Watts and Liev Schreiber's 'Complicated' Split
- Dine with the Stars: The Restaurants Where You're Most Likely to Spot a Celebrity
- Janet Jackson Is 'Super Excited' About Expecting Her First Child at 50, Source Says
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 11, 1998
- Vol. 49
- No. 18
Anna Kournikova: Tennis Player
At 5'8" and still growing, Kournikova is causing a stir because, established ace Andre Agassi believes, "people are not used to seeing more feminine athletes out there." Or, as her former coach Nick Bollettieri puts it, "I don't think all the attention she's getting is based on her as a player."
With contracts from Adidas, Rolex and Yonex rackets pouring in, Kournikova has all the more reason to coddle her pretty face. "I don't ever go out without moisturizer," she says. And though she eschews sunblock and foundation ("I have a tan so I don't have to use it"), her favorite pastime is trolling the cosmetics counters: "I love playing with the makeup."
When asked to recall a time when she looked her best, she gazes into a mirror and replies, "I look good now." Mom Alla, who chaperons Kournikova on the circuit while her college professor dad, Sergei, teaches phys ed in Moscow, never worries about her daughter's self-esteem. "She is always saying, 'I'm beautiful, famous and gorgeous,' " says Alla. Overhearing her mother, Anna chimes in, "She's right. That's my favorite saying."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!