Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Jessica Alba Documents Daughter Haven's Adorable Montessori Graduation on Snapchat
- Read the Cover Story: Matthew McConaughey: Love, Family & What I've Learned
- WATCH: Here Is Everything You Need to Know About Independence Day: Resurgence Star Jessie T. Usher
- Taylor Swift Ditches Bleach Blonde Hair as Relationship with Tom Hiddleston Starts to Heat Up
- WATCH: Black-ish's Tracee Ellis Ross and Anthony Anderson Are Really Excited to Host the BET Awards
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 11, 1998
- Vol. 49
- No. 18
Anna Kournikova: Tennis Player
At 5'8" and still growing, Kournikova is causing a stir because, established ace Andre Agassi believes, "people are not used to seeing more feminine athletes out there." Or, as her former coach Nick Bollettieri puts it, "I don't think all the attention she's getting is based on her as a player."
With contracts from Adidas, Rolex and Yonex rackets pouring in, Kournikova has all the more reason to coddle her pretty face. "I don't ever go out without moisturizer," she says. And though she eschews sunblock and foundation ("I have a tan so I don't have to use it"), her favorite pastime is trolling the cosmetics counters: "I love playing with the makeup."
When asked to recall a time when she looked her best, she gazes into a mirror and replies, "I look good now." Mom Alla, who chaperons Kournikova on the circuit while her college professor dad, Sergei, teaches phys ed in Moscow, never worries about her daughter's self-esteem. "She is always saying, 'I'm beautiful, famous and gorgeous,' " says Alla. Overhearing her mother, Anna chimes in, "She's right. That's my favorite saying."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!