Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,189 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Zoë Saldana's Advice on Getting Fit After Baby: 'Be Easy on Yourself'
- Read the Cover Story: Meet the American Heroes Who Stopped French Train Attack
- FROM EW: The Vampire Diaries Says Goodbye to 'Queen Bee' Nina Dobrev
- Jessa Seewald's Father-in-Law Says 'Wicked' Josh Duggar Is a Hypocritical Christian
- Boots the 'Kitten Nanny' Dog Hired by Arizona Humane Society to Get Cats Adopted
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 11, 1998
- Vol. 49
- No. 18
Sandy Dalal: Menswear Designer
Which means that the New York City-bred son of strict Indian parents has lots more going for him than masterful tailoring. With his whippet build, chin-length black hair and startling emerald eyes, he is as exotically attractive as the East Asian-influenced designs he first dreamed of creating while in high school, after visiting factories with mom Loma, who ran a garment production business.
His parents (father Mahesh is a C.P.A.) still fret about his long hair. "I thought he looked handsome in the regular, gentleman's haircut," explains Loma. But then, she says, if her firstborn realized how good-looking he is, "he would take care of himself better." Captain of the University of Pennsylvania's saber squad in 1996, the 5'8" Dalai now neglects exercise—and pretty much everything else—to pursue his dream. It's cool, he says, "when people think you are cute or your eyes are beautiful. But it's not something you earned."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!