Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- All the Details on Nicole Williams' Enormous $250,000 Engagement Ring from NFL Player Larry English
- Read the Cover Story: Brad & Angelina Split After 12 Years: It's Over
- WATCH: Leonardo DiCaprio Is a Warrior for Climate Change in Before the Flood Documentary Trailer
- WATCH: Winning an Emmy 'Never Gets Old' for Jeffrey Tambor
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus Reveals Her Father Died Two Days Ago in Tearful Emmys Acceptance Speech
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 11, 1998
- Vol. 49
- No. 18
Stevie Nicks: Rock Singer
Nicks has only one rule of face. "I never go to sleep with my makeup on," she says. "People say that I have really good skin, and I think that's why." When she's awake, however, she doesn't let her mascara and lipstick out of her sight. "I never check my makeup bags when traveling," she says. "I could get to Germany, and my clothes and equipment will be lost, but I'll have plenty of makeup and shampoo. It shows clear priorities!"
She doesn't joke about her true priorities. She has been sober since 1993, after beating addictions to cocaine and the tranquilizer Klonopin. But by the time she embarked on a solo tour in 1994, the 5'1½" Nicks had ballooned up to 175 pounds. "When I walked off the stage after the last show, I told my assistant that I'd never sing in front of people looking like that again," she recalls. True to her word, she lost 30 pounds on the low-carb Atkins diet. "Sure, I'd like to be 20 pounds thinner," admits Nicks, who quit a three-pack-a-day cigarette habit last year and treadmills daily at her homes in Phoenix and L.A. "But I think I've accepted the fact that I'm not going to be picture-perfect. I just want to be strong."
September 24, 2016
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!