Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Frances Bean Cobain Files for Divorce from Husband Isaiah Silva, Seeks to Protect $450 Million Fortune
- Read the Cover Story: The Gosselins 10 Years Later: 'So Much Has Changed'
- WATCH: 17 Hours, 3,000 Miles and 5 Cities: Inside Drake White's 'Livin' the Dream' Charity Blitz
- FROM EW: Eva Longoria to Direct Jane the Virgin Episode
- Amber Heard Calls Out Johnny Depp for Using Charity Donation as 'His Tax Deduction'
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 11, 1998
- Vol. 49
- No. 18
Stevie Nicks: Rock Singer
Nicks has only one rule of face. "I never go to sleep with my makeup on," she says. "People say that I have really good skin, and I think that's why." When she's awake, however, she doesn't let her mascara and lipstick out of her sight. "I never check my makeup bags when traveling," she says. "I could get to Germany, and my clothes and equipment will be lost, but I'll have plenty of makeup and shampoo. It shows clear priorities!"
She doesn't joke about her true priorities. She has been sober since 1993, after beating addictions to cocaine and the tranquilizer Klonopin. But by the time she embarked on a solo tour in 1994, the 5'1½" Nicks had ballooned up to 175 pounds. "When I walked off the stage after the last show, I told my assistant that I'd never sing in front of people looking like that again," she recalls. True to her word, she lost 30 pounds on the low-carb Atkins diet. "Sure, I'd like to be 20 pounds thinner," admits Nicks, who quit a three-pack-a-day cigarette habit last year and treadmills daily at her homes in Phoenix and L.A. "But I think I've accepted the fact that I'm not going to be picture-perfect. I just want to be strong."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!