Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- From Slum Kid to Chess Champion: The Amazing Real-Life Story of The Queen of Katwe's Phiona Mutesi
- Read the Cover Story: Brad & Angelina Split After 12 Years: It's Over
- Graphic Video Captures Moment 6-Year-Old Boy Is Killed by Police As Wounded Dad Says, 'My Little Boy'
- Brave Princess Kate Becomes First Mother in History to Wear All White to Playdate
- She's Getting Married! Luann de Lesseps Parties with RHONY Cast at Her Bridal Shower
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 11, 1998
- Vol. 49
- No. 18
Dylan McDermott: Actor
Likewise, his looks took their own good time arriving. As a skinny, freckled high schooler who grew up working in his father's Manhattan saloon, McDermott says he had a "Dorothy Hamill hairdo" and wore a powder-blue tux to the prom. "I didn't get a lot of play back then," he adds. The handsome thing finally came into focus when he focused on his idols Bogart, Brando and Clift. "I just kind of willed myself into being like them," he says, "watching their films wondering, 'How did they do that?' " He's now more confident. "It takes a long time to get comfortable with your looks," he says. "But I think for men it gets easier." Yet as a small-screen star, McDermott, who shares a Santa Monica home with his actress wife, Shiva Afshar, and their 2-year-old daughter, Colette, works to stay comfortable. He takes an occasional soak at Beverly Hot Springs—"my biggest indulgence"—and sweats to keep his weight down with weekly calisthenics on the beach with a personal trainer. And there are no stops at the Colonel's afterward, either. He shuns fried foods. "I'm Irish," he says, pinching his cheeks. "It goes right to my face."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!