Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Kanye West's Yeezy Season 3 Show: 5 Stylish Things You May Have Missed
- Read the Cover Story: Ryan Reynolds: Sexiest Dad Alive
- Jamie Chung Reveals the Reason She Has Never Watched Husband Bryan Greenberg in One Tree Hill
- Utah High Schooler Hands Out 900 Carnations to the Girls at His School for Valentine's Day: 'It Was Totally Worth It'
- Let Evan Rachel Wood and Chris Evans Heat Up Your Valentine's Day in Their Gucci Guilty Video
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 11, 1998
- Vol. 49
- No. 18
Dylan McDermott: Actor
Likewise, his looks took their own good time arriving. As a skinny, freckled high schooler who grew up working in his father's Manhattan saloon, McDermott says he had a "Dorothy Hamill hairdo" and wore a powder-blue tux to the prom. "I didn't get a lot of play back then," he adds. The handsome thing finally came into focus when he focused on his idols Bogart, Brando and Clift. "I just kind of willed myself into being like them," he says, "watching their films wondering, 'How did they do that?' " He's now more confident. "It takes a long time to get comfortable with your looks," he says. "But I think for men it gets easier." Yet as a small-screen star, McDermott, who shares a Santa Monica home with his actress wife, Shiva Afshar, and their 2-year-old daughter, Colette, works to stay comfortable. He takes an occasional soak at Beverly Hot Springs—"my biggest indulgence"—and sweats to keep his weight down with weekly calisthenics on the beach with a personal trainer. And there are no stops at the Colonel's afterward, either. He shuns fried foods. "I'm Irish," he says, pinching his cheeks. "It goes right to my face."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!