Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- WATCH: Verne Troyer Opens Up About Being Called the M-Word As a Child – and How He Physically Defended Himself Against a Bully
- Read the Cover Story: Brad & Angelina Split After 12 Years: It's Over
- Refugee Killed by California Police Allegedly Drew Vape Device During 'Mental Emergency'
- Final Five Reunite for Glam Appearance at U.S. Olympic Committee Awards Show
- Lady Gaga Confirms She's Headlining the 2017 Super Bowl's Halftime Show: 'It's Not an Illusion'!
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 11, 1998
- Vol. 49
- No. 18
Malia Jones: Model/Surfer
That body, along with her sultry lips and golden-brown eyes, brought modeling agents paddling to her Oahu door in 1996—despite the fact that she's only 5'5". Jones owes her exotic looks to her mother, Vi, a marathoner with a Hawaiian-Filipino-Spanish background, and her father, John, a dentist of German-English descent. "I'm a lot lighter than my mom but darker than my dad," Jones says.
The island life is not without its trials. For one thing, salt and sun can do a radical number on her. So Jones loads conditioner on her hair and No. 35 sunblock on her face. "It's so strong you have to use soap and water to take it off," she says of her favorite Shiseido brand. And, she reports, "I haven't had zits" since using the Body Shop's tea-tree oil soap. But what Jones loves displaying most are her slim size-7½ feet with their purple-painted toes. Never mind the scars she gets from scraping them against coral reefs. "I only wear shoes in restaurants," she says. "It feels good to go barefoot."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!