Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,277 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Senior Aide to Senator Thad Cochran Charged with Drug Possession
- Read the Cover Story: Sandra Bullock Is the World's Most Beautiful Woman!
- Chrissy Teigen on Wellness: 'I Am Completely Driven by Cravings'
- Bruce Jenner: God Gave Me 'the Soul of a Female'
- Texas Vet Posts Shocking Facebook Photo of Cat She Shot as Her 'First Bow Kill'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 11, 1998
- Vol. 49
- No. 18
Malia Jones: Model/Surfer
That body, along with her sultry lips and golden-brown eyes, brought modeling agents paddling to her Oahu door in 1996—despite the fact that she's only 5'5". Jones owes her exotic looks to her mother, Vi, a marathoner with a Hawaiian-Filipino-Spanish background, and her father, John, a dentist of German-English descent. "I'm a lot lighter than my mom but darker than my dad," Jones says.
The island life is not without its trials. For one thing, salt and sun can do a radical number on her. So Jones loads conditioner on her hair and No. 35 sunblock on her face. "It's so strong you have to use soap and water to take it off," she says of her favorite Shiseido brand. And, she reports, "I haven't had zits" since using the Body Shop's tea-tree oil soap. But what Jones loves displaying most are her slim size-7½ feet with their purple-painted toes. Never mind the scars she gets from scraping them against coral reefs. "I only wear shoes in restaurants," she says. "It feels good to go barefoot."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!