Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Kristen Bell Opens Up About Her Struggles with Depression: 'I Felt Worthless'
- Read the Cover Story: Steve Harvey: From Homeless to Having It All
- 10 Collar Necklaces Your Favorite LBD Needs Right Now
- Katy Perry Visits Impoverished Children in Vietnam: 'We Have to Help Them Fight for Their Dreams'
- First Baby Born in Tri-State Area With Zika-Related Defects Delivered in New Jersey
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 11, 1998
- Vol. 49
- No. 18
Halle Berry: Actress
So even though "she's just exquisite," in the words of Carl Lumbly, who starred with her in the top-rated February ABC mini series The Wedding, and "she has a graciousness that transcends her natural beauty," according to Wedding producer Oprah Winfrey, Berry, who split with baseball player David Justice two years ago, remains stunningly single. She works off steam at the gym ("always concentrating on doing the butt blaster and thigh exercises") and drowns her sorrows in Diet Coke, which, she says, "I drink all day long. People always say to drink a lot of water, but I don't. I'm so bad."
Lately, the 5'6½" actress and Revlon spokesmodel has decided to let her hair down. She wore it straight for The Wedding, wove in dreadlock extensions to play a passionate radical in this month's Warren Beatty political satire Bulworth and has been spotted around Hollywood in recent weeks sporting curls, waves and alternating red and light brown highlights. "This is the aftermath of having short hair for so long," she says. "I'm having fun experimenting."
One experiment, though, will haunt her forever. The small tattoo on her left buttock that once said "David" has been turned into a flower design. "If I could undo the tattoo, I would," she says. "An untattooed body is the way to go."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!