Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,190 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Keeping Up with the Kardashians Recap: The Family Is Outraged over Caitlyn Jenner's Vanity Fair Article, Kris Jenner Decides to Leave Town
- Read the Cover Story: At Home with Donald Trump and Family!
- Alfonso Ribeiro to Fill in for Tom Bergeron on DWTS While He Stays by Sick Father's Bedside: Source
- Caleb Logan of the Popular YouTube Family the Bratayleys Has Died at the Age of 13
- It's a Girl for Alaska: The Last Frontier's Eivin and Eve Kilcher – See Her First Photo
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 11, 1998
- Vol. 49
- No. 18
Cameron Diaz: Actress
That hasn't stopped anybody from falling for the breakout star of She's the One and My Best Friend's Wedding. "She has an energy, an electricity in her face—a sparkle that is unmistakable," says photographer Jeff Dunas, who discovered Diaz at a nightclub in L.A., nine years ago and brought her to the Elite modeling agency.
Now 25, the daughter of a Long Beach, Calif., oil-company foreman and an import-export agent spent five years posing all over the globe before setting out on a film career in The Mask, opposite Jim Carrey. "Cami is an extremely cool human," Carrey told Rolling Stone, "despite having what normally can be character-crippling good looks."
As Kathy Berkeley, makeup artist on Diaz's 1997 crime drama Keys to Tulsa, explains, "She has a beautiful complexion and stunning eyes," but more importantly, "everybody on the set just loved her personality. She was always positive and bubbly, as nice as she could be."
And "comfortable in her own skin," adds costumer Leesa Evans, who put the 5'9" Diaz in an unflattering, baggy sweater for 1996's The Last Supper. Diaz, who has been dating actor Matt Dillon for two years, "allows who she is to come through without fear," says Evans. "She doesn't get too caught up in overanalyzing what beauty is."
Nor in working off those fries, notes Sher, at whose house Diaz once camped while between homes. "I've never seen Cameron exercise," says Sher. However, "She always did the dishes."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!