Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,181 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Mama June Shannon Mad Over TLC's 'Double Standard' for Not Canceling 19 Kids and Counting
- Read the Cover Story – Tess Holliday: The World's First Size 22 Supermodel!
- Teen Mom Beats the Odds, Becomes Valedictorian (Video)
- Nikki Reed Shares Romantic Wedding Day Video Full of Kisses with Ian Somerhalder
- Texas Woman Rescues Seven People from Flood: 'Fear Wasn't Going to Serve Anyone in that Moment'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 11, 1998
- Vol. 49
- No. 18
Julia Louis-Dreyfus: Actress
True to her Elaine Benes alter ego, though, the Saturday Night Live alum isn't falling for any of that mushy stuff. "Who really thinks about themselves?" she says. "I mean, you live with yourself, you're sick of yourself! That's not to belittle the superficial."
Through the hoopla surrounding the last episode of the NBC hit sitcom, which airs May 14, Maryland-raised Louis-Dreyfus stays on the low road to loveliness. She favors cosmetics-maker Carol Shaw's lipstick, but not always the hue named after her: "I like the shade called Laura [Dern] for evening." The 5'3" actress needs only three items to get through the day: her deodorant ("it works"), her Tweezerman ("I pluck my eyebrows as frequently as possible") and her Eau de Guerlain perfume. Though a former spokeswoman for Clairol, Louis-Dreyfus, who is "taking a huge amount of time oil" post-Seinfeld, isn't a maneliner. "I like cheap shampoos and conditioners," she says. Busy with producer/writer/actor-husband Brad Hail raising their sons Henry, 5, and Charles, 1, she rarely has time to pamper herself. "When I'm an old lady," she muses, "I'm going to get my nails done twice a week." But she'll be careful. "As good as red nails look, when they start to chip, it's like the cheap-prostitute look."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!