Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Idris Elba, Michael B. Jordan and More Invited to Join Academy in Largest, Most Diverse Class Yet
- Read the Cover Story: Mystery in Idaho: Little Boy Lost
- After Kids Are Cruelly Mocked for Swimming in a Truck Bed, Good Samaritan Responds by Giving Away Inflatable Pools
- Newly Single Ariel Winter Shares Naked Bathtub Photo: 'Relax Everyone I'm Wearing Lady Bit Pasties'
- Human Body Parts Wash Ashore Rio Beach Near Olympic Volleyball Site
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 11, 1998
- Vol. 49
- No. 18
Cindy Margolis: Queen of the Internet
5'7" Margolis couldn't be happier talking to her cyberbuds on her two-year-old site (annual membership: $29.95). "I can be on at 3 a.m. in my pajamas, with my cats bugging me, and I don't need a makeup artist or anything," she says.
The self-made model/actress, who began posing for her own line of greeting cards while studying business at California State University at Northridge in the late '80s and did a turn as one of the robotic androids armed with shooting bras in 1997's Austin Powers, has "the all-American look," says M.J. Roark, director of programming for Extra Online. "Cindy's just Mom, Pop and apple pie."
In the era of less-is-too-much in beauty care, Margolis is unabashedly product-oriented. "Makeup artists are always giving me their stuff," she enthuses. "My favorite thing is free stuff. I'll take anything." Her boyfriend, Guy Starkman, 27, an L.A. restaurateur, genially complains, "She's taken over the bathroom counter." He has also gotten used to Cindy's obsession with oil-blotting paper. "On our first date we were at a Lakers game, and I was trying to blot without getting caught," she says. "It was embarrassing when he said, 'What are you doing?' But now I blot around him all the time." Her biggest beauty flaw, says the longtime San Fernando Valley resident, is her posture when she's not in front of the camera. "Sometimes I see myself in the mirror, and it's 'Oh, God!' But the minute you stick out your butt a little bit and suck it in, you go from a 6 to a 10. If only I could walk through life posing," she says with a sigh. "It really makes a difference."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!