Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Amber Rose Rocks Black Bodysuit for Second Annual SlutWalk
- Read the Cover Story: Brad & Angelina Split After 12 Years: It's Over
- Sweet Sweats! Kim Kardashian Spends Casual Day in Paris Shopping and Hanging With Naomi Campbell
- WATCH AND SHOP: This Plaid Button-Down Does Something Others Don't (Love This!)
- Jennifer Lawrence Rocks Leather Jacket and Jeans at Dior Paris Fashion Week Show
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 11, 1998
- Vol. 49
- No. 18
Mixing Chic with Cheek, the Academy of Country Music Shindig Hits a High Note
Not that traditionalists fell out of favor during the ceremony, which was broadcast live to over 17 million viewers on CBS. Tim McGraw, with pregnant wife Faith Hill, wore a jacket and jeans to nab four statuettes for the pair's duet "It's Your Love." Cowboy hats topped Garth Brooks (in black Wranglers) and Dwight Yoakam, while Pam Tillis chose her spangled Mon Atelier slip dress "as a throwback, my own personal tribute to Tammy Wynette."
Whatever their statement, many of the nearly 6,000 attendees—unlike their Hollywood counterparts—took pains to appear down-home. "I'm normally a no-makeup, sweatpants-wearing single mom," said New Female Vocalist winner Lee Ann Womack, in a spaghetti-strap dress by Carla Westcott. But the award for aw-shucks humility went to Travis Tritt, who came in Levi's and a suede shirt by Gossamer Wings. "I just wear what I feel comfortable in," he said. "I've tried to have style—but I've never actually been in it."
Steven Cojocaru and Julie Jordan in Los Angeles
- Steven Cojocaru,
- Julie Jordan.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!