Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Bernie Sanders Sees a Sign in NBA Western Conference Finals: 'I Like Comebacks'
- Read the Cover Story: Steve Harvey: From Homeless to Having It All
- Sail Away! Amy Schumer and Kate Hudson Vacation in Hawaii With Goldie Hawn
- Search Continues for Missing Japanese Boy Abandoned in Mountains by Parents as 'Punishment'
- Johnny Depp Steps on Stage with Band in Germany Amid Amber Heard Abuse Allegations
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 25, 1998
- Vol. 49
- No. 20
Eddie Rabbitt Gave Up His Career to Be with the Ones He Loved
The family Rabbitt so cherished—Janine, his wife of 21 years, daughter Demelza, 16, and son Tommy, 11—were among the intimate circle of mourners at the Calvary Cemetery in Nashville, where he was buried May 8 near his baby son Timmy, who died of liver disease in 1985, at 23 months. Diagnosed with cancer early last year, Rabbitt "was courageous up to the end," says his former manager, Stan Moress. "He was a really compassionate, sympathetic person," says longtime friend and fiddle player Bill Rehig, who performed "Danny Boy" at the private service. "He was just a sweetheart of a guy."
Born in Brooklyn, N.Y., the son of Irish immigrant parents, Rabbitt began his unlikely career in country after moving to Nashville in 1968. Despite scoring more than 17 No. 1 country tunes, as well as the 1980 pop hits "I Love a Rainy Night" and "Drivin' My Life Away," Rabbitt was proudest of his success as a husband and father. After Timmy died, Rabbitt said, "I sort of backed out of the business. It was a time to be with people I love."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!