Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,277 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Kris Jenner Calls Bruce Jenner Her 'Hero' After Opening Up About His Transition
- The Style Top 5: Gigi Hadid Shares Her Beauty Don'ts, Blake Lively's Million Dollar Style Week and More
- An Inside Look into Princess Kate's Scenic Hospital Route (VIDEOS)
- Kris Humphries Faces Backlash After Seemingly Tweeting Offensive Remark About Bruce Jenner
- Bruce Jenner Is Living as a Woman as 'Much as Possible,' Says Source
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- June 01, 1998
- Vol. 49
- No. 21
Pride of Eagles
When Andrew Olsen Set His Sights on the Boy Scouts' Top Rank, He Had Role Models—his Eight High-Flying Brothers
So it was with pride and some relief that Andrew—who went on his first 50-mile scout hike at age 6—accepted his silver Eagle Scout pendant in an April ceremony at the Olsens' Irving, Texas, Mormon church. "I didn't realize until that night just how special it would be to have all my brothers there," says Andrew, an honor student and pole vaulter at Irving's Crockett Middle School, of partying with brothers Mike, Bradley, 30, twins Mathew and Mark, 27, Aaron, 24, twins Phillip and Paul, 21, and David, 16—not to mention sisters Alisa, 23, Christina, 19, and Amanda, 11, who have participated in the Personal Progress program for girls.
In all, it was a joyous event for the family, particularly for father Mel, 54, an American Airlines executive and former scoutmaster, and mother Nancy, a homemaker who estimates she has stitched some 200 merit badges onto her flock's uniforms since Bradley became a Scout in 1975. "The first merit badge a Boy Scout earns should be in sewing," she says, proudly but wearily. "So he knows how to do it himself."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!