Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,181 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Lawrence of Arabia Star Omar Sharif Is Suffering from Alzheimer's, Says Son
- Read the Cover Story – Tess Holliday: The World's First Size 22 Supermodel!
- What Happened When Ray Liotta and Christopher Walken Sat Next to Each Other on a Flight?
- Never Hear 'You Look Tired' Again – Thanks to This Beauty Product
- Police Recover Body in Hudson River Near Where Kayaker Disappeared
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- June 08, 1998
- Vol. 49
- No. 22
Latia Robinson's Heroics May Have Saved Her Father's Life
No one knew quite how strong—or brave—until the afternoon of May 15, when Latia's quick thinking may have saved her father's life. Auto detailer Sean Mcclam, 31, had picked up his daughter from school and was driving to a doctor's appointment when the Honda station wagon stopped and began to roll backward. Looking up, Latia saw that Mcclam had passed out. "I had to get him some help," she says.
Shifting into park, the 4'4" Latia pulled Mcclam, 180 lbs., into the passenger seat, moved the driver's seat all the way forward until she could reach the pedals, and took the wheel. Then she drove four blocks through four-lane rush-hour traffic to Howard University Hospital, where she stopped and ran into the emergency entrance for help. "I wasn't scared," insists Latia, whose father has let her steer while in his lap since she was 5.
Mcclam, who was dehydrated and had a 105-degree fever, might have died without the quick action by his daughter, who also calmly asked hospital workers to call her aunt and to park the car properly. Not surprisingly, Latia already has a career goal. "I want to be a firefighter," she says, "so I can save people's lives."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!