Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,277 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- He's Back: Entourage's Johnny Drama Returns on Jimmy Kimmel Live! (VIDEO)
- The Best Photos from the Week of Apr. 20- Apr. 26, 2015
- Freddie Gray's Family Condemns Baltimore Riots: 'Don't Tear Up the Whole City Just for Him'
- Sam Smith Cancels Australian Tour Dates Due to Vocal Cord Hemorrhage
- Ewww! Gordon Ramsay Shares the Grossest Thing He's Ever Eaten (VIDEO)
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- June 15, 1998
- Vol. 49
- No. 23
Send in the Crowns
Getting Regal? Holly Hardwick Has the Headgear for You
Hardwick, 54, has become a queen of sorts in her own right by designing crowns, tiaras and scepters, mostly for pageant winners. Her eye-popping rhinestone confections, costing from $50 to $900, have graced the distinguished brows of everyone from Little Miss Hawaiian Tropic to Miss Gay America. "Holly's pieces make you feel like when you were a child and could be anything you wanted to," says Lynne Michael, 28, a former Miss Rhode Island USA who ordered three crowns for her May 23 wedding (one for the ceremony, one for the reception and one for the getaway). "They make you feel very, very special."
Feeling pageant-perfect seems like second nature to Hardwick, who wears a new set of false eyelashes every day and never goes anywhere—even, she says, to bed—without four-inch heels. Thrice married—and divorced—she got into crowns five years ago when she owned a glitzy Manhattan jewelry showroom. Hardwick lives now in bucolic Easton, Conn., where she designs, and sometimes hand-makes, her baubles. Rhinestones, she feels, go with anything—even feminism. "If all women wore crowns," says Hardwick, "they'd be more powerful."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!