Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Watch the Final Five Turn Into Hungry Hungry Humans on Tonight Show
- Read the Cover Story: The Final Five: Their Amazing Journey!
- FROM TIME: Magnitude 6.1 Quake Rattles Rome and Central Italy
- Downton Abbey Creator Shares His Vision for What Happened to the Crawley Estate and 4 More Revelations from the Show
- Watch Britney Spears and James Corden Sing 'Toxic' in New Carpool Karaoke Teaser
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- June 15, 1998
- Vol. 49
- No. 23
More Outrageous Than the Oscars, the Mtv Movie Awards Attract Hollywood Heavyweights Ready to Dress Down and Chill Out
Playing it cool is the awards' calling card. "You don't have to put on a long, slinky gown," said Brandy, decked out in a Ralph Lauren tank top and DKNY trousers. "This is more come-as-you-are." The honors were equally irreverent. Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore nabbed Best Kiss for The Wedding Singer, and Leonardo DiCaprio made up for his Oscar snub with a Best Male Performance win for Titanic (he accepted by video).
After the awards, 1,600 guests, including Courteney Cox Arquette and Jennifer Love Hewitt, dashed to a nearby tent for post-show noshing on Szechuan pancakes and asparagus risotto. Despite the footloose vibes, not every reveler thought less was more. Said Vivica A. Fox, elegantly chaste in a sky-blue Pamela Dennis pantsuit: "I just want to go up to these girls and say, 'Honey, put your bra on!' "
Steven Cojocaru in Los Angeles
- Steven Cojocaru.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!