Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,173 covers and 55,054 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Miss Marple Actress Geraldine McEwan Dies at 82
- The Style Top 5: Sarah Jessica Parker Brings Her Shoe Line to Zappos, Katy Perry Preps for the Super Bowl and More
- Stars Rally Around Bobbi Kristina Brown
- It's Kerry Washington's Birthday – Let's Look Back at Her Transformation
- Which Royal Spouse Will Star in a Reality Show?
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Saturday January 31, 2015 05:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- July 13, 1998
- Vol. 49
- No. 27
Actors Bridget Fonda and Eric Stoltz End Their Eight Year of Unwedded Bliss
The breakup, which became public last week, surprised many who thought the gen-X poster couple were perfectly cast. "They certainly got along really well for an awfully long time," says screenwriter Roger Hedden, who worked with them on 1993's Bodies, Rest & Motion. Though Fonda told the Chicago Sun-Times in 1992 that Stoltz was "the love of my life," they never wed. "I don't know if I have the strength of character," Stoltz told USA Today in 1993.
Stoltz first met Peter Fonda's daughter in 1986. After a short fling fizzled, they reunited in 1990, playing house at a New Mexico ranch and at L.A. and New York City pads.
Now, Fonda is heading to Vancouver to film the action adventure Lake Placid, while Stoltz has been appearing in The Glass Menagerie in Williamstown, Mass., with pal Tate Donovan, who recently split with Jennifer Aniston. "Tate and Eric can rant and rage and cry," says Jack Stoltz, "and handle this all by themselves."
January 31, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!