Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,277 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Nepal Earthquake: Filmmaker Tom Taplin Among the Dead, Australian Actor Hugh Sheridan's Brother Is Missing
- The Style Top 5: Gigi Hadid Shares Her Beauty Don'ts, Blake Lively's Million Dollar Style Week and More
- Watch Sofia Vergara and Reese Witherspoon Sing Taylor Swift and Miley Cyrus
- Ian Somerhalder and Nikki Reed Are Married!
- The Hashtag Royal Baby: William & Kate to Announce Birth of Second Child on Twitter
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- July 13, 1998
- Vol. 49
- No. 27
Actors Bridget Fonda and Eric Stoltz End Their Eight Year of Unwedded Bliss
The breakup, which became public last week, surprised many who thought the gen-X poster couple were perfectly cast. "They certainly got along really well for an awfully long time," says screenwriter Roger Hedden, who worked with them on 1993's Bodies, Rest & Motion. Though Fonda told the Chicago Sun-Times in 1992 that Stoltz was "the love of my life," they never wed. "I don't know if I have the strength of character," Stoltz told USA Today in 1993.
Stoltz first met Peter Fonda's daughter in 1986. After a short fling fizzled, they reunited in 1990, playing house at a New Mexico ranch and at L.A. and New York City pads.
Now, Fonda is heading to Vancouver to film the action adventure Lake Placid, while Stoltz has been appearing in The Glass Menagerie in Williamstown, Mass., with pal Tate Donovan, who recently split with Jennifer Aniston. "Tate and Eric can rant and rage and cry," says Jack Stoltz, "and handle this all by themselves."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!