Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Hillary Clinton Makes Surprise Appearance At Rally Outside Donald Trump's Vegas Hotel
- Read the Cover Story: How Blake Shelton Is Moving On After Split
- Alek Skarlatos Gives Update on Spencer Stone's Recovery: 'It Might Take Him A Minute'
- Aaron Rodgers on Relationship With Olivia Munn: 'She's a Huge Encourager and Supporter'
- Johnny Depp on the Oscars: 'I Don't Want to Win One of Those Things Ever'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- August 03, 1998
- Vol. 50
- No. 3
Nelson Mandela Marks His Birthday by Marrying the Woman He Loves
The two treated their marriage—her second, his third (he was divorced from second wife Winnie in 1996)—like a state secret, denying it would take place right up to the ceremony, which was held in their Johannesburg mansion. The next day South Africa celebrated. Mandela's televised birthday party became a star-studded wedding reception with 2,000 guests, including Michael Jackson, Stevie Wonder, Lethal Weapon 4's Danny Glover and Archbishop Desmond Tutu, who in the past has gently chided the couple for living out of wedlock. "She's made a decent man out of him," Tutu commented. "Now you won't shout at me," Mandela laughingly told his old friend.
October 10, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!