Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Kim Zolciak Breaks Down in Tears Off-Camera After Making Her Return to DWTS Post-Stroke
- Read the Cover Story: David Beckham: Sexiest Man Alive!
- Bob Saget Talks Mentor Bill Cosby's Sexual Assault Allegations: 'It's Just Sad For All The People Involved'
- Newborn Found in Manger of New York Nativity Church Nativity Scene
- Ben Affleck Admits Feeling a 'Ton Of Pressure' For Upcoming Movie Batman v Superman
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- August 03, 1998
- Vol. 50
- No. 3
Nelson Mandela Marks His Birthday by Marrying the Woman He Loves
The two treated their marriage—her second, his third (he was divorced from second wife Winnie in 1996)—like a state secret, denying it would take place right up to the ceremony, which was held in their Johannesburg mansion. The next day South Africa celebrated. Mandela's televised birthday party became a star-studded wedding reception with 2,000 guests, including Michael Jackson, Stevie Wonder, Lethal Weapon 4's Danny Glover and Archbishop Desmond Tutu, who in the past has gently chided the couple for living out of wedlock. "She's made a decent man out of him," Tutu commented. "Now you won't shout at me," Mandela laughingly told his old friend.
November 25, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!