Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,184 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Jennifer Lawrence Is a Vision in White as She Reunites with Hunger Games Costars at N.Y.C. Exhibit Opening
- The Best Photos from the Week of June 22- June 29, 2015
- Mom Who Tortured Her Two Children to Death and Stashed Their Bodies in a Freezer: 'If I Had a Chance to do it Again, I Would'
- Amber Heard Opens Up About Coming Out as Bisexual in Hollywood: 'I Don't Want to Have to Deny My Sexuality in Order to Be Me'
- Shop the Wedge Boot You Need For Summer
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- August 03, 1998
- Vol. 50
- No. 3
Nelson Mandela Marks His Birthday by Marrying the Woman He Loves
The two treated their marriage—her second, his third (he was divorced from second wife Winnie in 1996)—like a state secret, denying it would take place right up to the ceremony, which was held in their Johannesburg mansion. The next day South Africa celebrated. Mandela's televised birthday party became a star-studded wedding reception with 2,000 guests, including Michael Jackson, Stevie Wonder, Lethal Weapon 4's Danny Glover and Archbishop Desmond Tutu, who in the past has gently chided the couple for living out of wedlock. "She's made a decent man out of him," Tutu commented. "Now you won't shout at me," Mandela laughingly told his old friend.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!