Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,277 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- The 6 Biggest Bombshells in Bruce Jenner's Interview
- The Style Top 5: Gigi Hadid Shares Her Beauty Don'ts, Blake Lively's Million Dollar Style Week and More
- Bruce Jenner Interview: Lady Gaga, Andy Cohen and More Celebrities Voice Support on Twitter
- Scarlett Johansson's Daughter Rose Gives Her 'Explosive' Joy
- Bruce Jenner: I Was Terrified to Tell the Kids
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- August 17, 1998
- Vol. 50
- No. 5
After Six Years Together, Kyle MacLachlan and Linda Evangelista Call It Quits
It's not private anymore. On July 29, a spokesman for MacLachlan, 39, announced that their engagement was off and that the couple "have decided to go their separate ways." A few days earlier, Evangelista, 33, was snapped frolicking on the beach in Saint-Tropez with French World Cup soccer star Fabien Barthez, 27. Her spokeswoman insists that Evangelista is currently unattached, saying only that she and MacLachlan "slowly grew apart" and had, in fact, split up several months ago.
That was news to some of their pals. Ole Henriksen, Evangelista's Los Angeles facialist, who recently heard about the breakup from another client, last spoke to Evangelista on May 10, her birthday, and found her "in great spirits," he recalls. "Kyle was throwing a party for her, and she was all excited." The split does seem genuinely amiable. "We'll always remain friends, and our families are still close," Evangelista says. "I still see Kyle regularly—as well as our two dogs. The bond will always be there."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!