Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Donald Trump Had a Short Cameo in a 2000 Playboy 'Centerfold' Video
- Read the Cover Story: Brad & Angelina Split After 12 Years: It's Over
- Paris Jackson Enjoys PDA-Filled Vacation with Boyfriend Michael Snoddy
- Former Power Rangers Star Ricardo Medina Jr. Denies Killing His Roommate with a Sword
- Family Love! Tracee Ellis Ross Shares Cute Snapshot of Mom Diana Ross and Sisters
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- August 17, 1998
- Vol. 50
- No. 5
After Six Years Together, Kyle MacLachlan and Linda Evangelista Call It Quits
It's not private anymore. On July 29, a spokesman for MacLachlan, 39, announced that their engagement was off and that the couple "have decided to go their separate ways." A few days earlier, Evangelista, 33, was snapped frolicking on the beach in Saint-Tropez with French World Cup soccer star Fabien Barthez, 27. Her spokeswoman insists that Evangelista is currently unattached, saying only that she and MacLachlan "slowly grew apart" and had, in fact, split up several months ago.
That was news to some of their pals. Ole Henriksen, Evangelista's Los Angeles facialist, who recently heard about the breakup from another client, last spoke to Evangelista on May 10, her birthday, and found her "in great spirits," he recalls. "Kyle was throwing a party for her, and she was all excited." The split does seem genuinely amiable. "We'll always remain friends, and our families are still close," Evangelista says. "I still see Kyle regularly—as well as our two dogs. The bond will always be there."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!