Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- 4 Kids Stabbed to Death in Memphis, Police Take Mother Into Custody
- Read the Cover Story: Mystery in Idaho: Little Boy Lost
- WATCH: Michael Phelps Edges Out Rival Ryan Lochte to Win at Olympic Swim Trials as Both Punch Their Ticket to Rio
- Johnny Depp Kicks Off U.S. Tour with Hollywood Vampires in Pennsylvania
- Janelle Monáe Dishes on Her Big Screen Debut in New Film Hidden Figures at ESSENCE Fest
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- September 14, 1998
- Vol. 50
- No. 9
Lin Shaye Seizes the Day in There's Something About Mary
Despite the special time that they spent together, even Puffy probably wouldn't recognize Shaye, an attractive mom and actress. (No, those aren't her real breasts in that startling Mary topless scene.) But when the pooch smooched, Shaye was ready. Recalls Mary star Cameron Diaz: "It was one of the funniest and most disgusting and disturbing things I've ever seen."
Shaye, 54, has been playing wackos ever since Peter and Bobby Farrelly, who codirected Mary, cast her as a poodle-haired dog owner in 1994's Dumb and Dumber. She came recommended by New Line Cinema chairman Bob Shaye, Lin's brother.
Born in Detroit to Max, 87 and a painter, and Dorothy, a homemaker who died in 1989, Shaye acted at the University of Michigan. Tragedy struck in 1973, when her husband of one year died. At loose ends, she moved to New York City and performed Off-Broadway before heading in 1977 to L.A., where she now lives with second husband Clayton Landey, 47, an actor, and son Lee J, 9. She hopes for some normal roles, but she'll always take the call when the Farrellys need someone gross or grosser. "I hope," she says, "they never do a movie without me."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!