Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,187 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Kim Richards' Ailing Ex-Husband Monty Brinson Is in 'Complete Shock' After Her Arrest
- The Best Photos from the Week of July 27- August 2, 2015
- Kim Kardashian West Takes New Orleans in a Mardi Gras Mask
- Taylor Swift Reveals Her Squad Has 'Dated the Same People' as She Graces the Cover of Vanity Fair
- Mississippi Firefighter Allegedly Waited Outside Courthouse to Kill Man He Believed Shot His Mother
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- September 14, 1998
- Vol. 50
- No. 9
Lin Shaye Seizes the Day in There's Something About Mary
Despite the special time that they spent together, even Puffy probably wouldn't recognize Shaye, an attractive mom and actress. (No, those aren't her real breasts in that startling Mary topless scene.) But when the pooch smooched, Shaye was ready. Recalls Mary star Cameron Diaz: "It was one of the funniest and most disgusting and disturbing things I've ever seen."
Shaye, 54, has been playing wackos ever since Peter and Bobby Farrelly, who codirected Mary, cast her as a poodle-haired dog owner in 1994's Dumb and Dumber. She came recommended by New Line Cinema chairman Bob Shaye, Lin's brother.
Born in Detroit to Max, 87 and a painter, and Dorothy, a homemaker who died in 1989, Shaye acted at the University of Michigan. Tragedy struck in 1973, when her husband of one year died. At loose ends, she moved to New York City and performed Off-Broadway before heading in 1977 to L.A., where she now lives with second husband Clayton Landey, 47, an actor, and son Lee J, 9. She hopes for some normal roles, but she'll always take the call when the Farrellys need someone gross or grosser. "I hope," she says, "they never do a movie without me."
August 04, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!