Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,187 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Prince William, the Queen and Camilla as You've Never Seen Them Before! Check Out Their Unusual New Portraits
- The Style Top 5: Reese Witherspoon Channels Elle Woods,
Steal the Styles from Wet Hot American Summer and More
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Show Off Their Shoe Line, Admit to Problems With Confidence
- How Scott Disick May Have Blown a Second Chance with Kourtney Kardashian
- Ashley Williams on Giving Birth. In Her Living Room. On the Floor!
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- September 14, 1998
- Vol. 50
- No. 9
A Touch of Class
TV Voyager Meeno Peluce Turns His Hand to Teaching
And gratifying, too, since most kids respond not to his TV image ("They're too young to remember," Peluce says), but to his real-life classroom skills. Since 1992, Peluce has taught everything from biology to Spanish in Los Angeles's public schools; he now teaches history at Hollywood High. "He treats kids like adults," says Aaron Bolden, 18, a former student. "He's cool."
The son of an L.A. accountant and a homemaker turned caterer, Peluce, who also costarred in 1979-80's The Bad News Bears, says he opted to "put acting aside to get my education" when his shortlived Detective in the House series was canceled in 1985. As half-sister Soleil Moon Frye (Funky Brewster) was tracing his TV footsteps, Peluce earned a degree in literature from the University of California at Santa Cruz. Teaching seemed a logical step. "I'm performing, and that comes easily," he says. "But I'm also trying to inspire kids. It's neat."
Splitting a house in L.A.'s Echo Park with a pal, the avid photographer likes to go mountain climbing. And oh, yes, he's also writing a screenplay. "When he was young, we'd ask him, 'What do you want to do?' " recalls his mom. Meeno's answer: "I want to do it all."
August 01, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!