Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus Reveals Her Father Died Two Days Ago in Tearful Emmys Acceptance Speech
- Read the Cover Story: Brad & Angelina Split After 12 Years: It's Over
- Matt Damon Crashes Emmy 'Loser' Jimmy Kimmel's Hosting Gig with a Dig: 'Did You Win?'
- Game of Thrones Makes History with Most Emmy Wins Ever for a Primetime TV Show
- Brittany Maynard Featured in Ad for Right-to-Die Initiative in Colorado: I'm 'Keeping My Promise to Honor Her,' Says Husband
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- October 26, 1998
- Vol. 50
- No. 15
Lap of Luxury
A Retired Vet Purrfects a Home for Pets Whose Owners Died
For $25,000, Presnal, the current director of the five-year-old Stevenson Companion Animal Life-Care Center at Texas A & M in College Station, assures owners that, in the event of their death or incapacity, their cat or dog (or, for $50,000, their horse or llama) will have free rein in a house with a generous yard and 24-hour petting service from the veterinary students, who share the abode. (The menagerie now numbers 10, but expansion to 60 is planned.) Having grown up locally on a farm and spent 27 years as a vet, Presnal, 63, feels in some ways more akin to animals than to people. "I can be standing in the checkout line at the grocery store," says Presnal, who lives nearby with his wife of 41 years, Lou, "and immediately recognize someone by whatever ailment their pet had years ago."
September 24, 2016
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!