Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- WATCH: Todrick Hall Joins the RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars Judges Table
- Read the Cover Story: The Gosselins 10 Years Later: 'So Much Has Changed'
- California Cop Arrested and Alligator Seized in Months-Long 'Gang of Thrones' Operation: Police
- Larry and Shawn King Were 'Living in Separate Bedrooms for a While' Prior to Alleged Affair: Source
- From INSTANT: WATCH: These Teacup Puppies Will Melt Your Heart
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- November 16, 1998
- Vol. 50
- No. 18
Kenneth Cole: Sexiest Businessman
That adage, coupled with Cole's hip-classic fashion sensibility, led to sales of $185 million last year. But his company's socially conscious ads, spouting such wisdom as, "To be aware is more important than what you wear," indicate good soul, not sole.
What you don't see in the ads is the man himself. "I don't even shave every day. The nice thing about being a designer is that it allows me a lot of personal liberties," says the 5'11" Cole, whose main concession to personal maintenance is working out with a trainer three days a week. Wed since 1987 to Maria Cuomo, 36, daughter of former New York Governor Mario Cuomo and chair of HELP USA, an organization for the homeless, Cole speaks yearningly of the weekend trips to New England they took before they married—and reprise each fall on their anniversary. Now that he has three daughters, ages 4 through 10, understanding women is a personal as well as a professional necessity. The payoff is substantial. Come Valentine's Day, he notes, "I'm the only guy in the house, so I'm the subject of all their efforts. I get lots of hearts."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!