Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Lena Dunham Says She's Becoming More Modest with Age, Nude Scenes for Girls Are Getting More Difficult
- Read the Cover Story: Ryan Reynolds: Sexiest Sexiest Dad Alive
- Michigan Teen's Promposal to Student with Special Needs Goes Viral: 'Personality Is What Makes a Person Beautiful'
- Police: 83-Year-Old Former Priest Detained on Charges Related to 1960 Murder of Texas Schoolteacher
- Texas Prosecutor Who Withheld Evidence in Death Penalty Case Has Appeal of Disbarment Denied
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- November 16, 1998
- Vol. 50
- No. 18
Steven Petersen: Sexiest Animal Lover
But the man The New York Times called "the series heartthrob" pooh-poohs his popularity. "It's just the classic thing of TV being larger than life," says Petersen, 37, of the acclaim he has received since the Animal Planet channel began airing E.V. last year. "I've always considered myself a pretty average kind of guy."
Fiancée Jill Johnson, 26, disagrees. "He's not one to sit on the couch," says the veterinary technician, who shares a four-bedroom home in suburban Denver with the 5'10" Petersen and their two cats and two dogs (Booker, a yellow Lab, and Melvin, an Australian cattle dog). Indeed, during lunch breaks and after his 60-hour work weeks, the avid skier, windsurfer and runner indulges in his "true passion"—racing mountain bikes. He also never lets himself go, says Johnson: "He always shaves. His face is not scruffy on weekends." Neither are his rock-hard legs. Like most professional bike racers, Petersen shaves them. "We tease him about that, but those legs are awesome!" says Alameda East director and biking buddy Dr. Robert Taylor. "Steve takes good care of himself; he treats his body like a temple." Even better, man's best friend's best friend doesn't worship at his own altar. "He doesn't take himself seriously," says McCabe. "If he did, they'd have to widen the doors to the hospital." Or at least put him on a leash.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!