Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Steve Harvey on Parents Rejecting Their LGBT Children: 'I Would Never Stop Loving My Kid'
- Read the Cover Story: The Gosselins 10 Years Later: 'So Much Has Changed'
- From Matthew Crawley to the Beast: Producer Shares a First Look at Dan Stevens as the Prince in Beauty and the Beast
- French Montana Admires Iggy Azalea's Famed Booty as They Head to Cabo with Friends
- Is Kendall Jenner Banned from Uber? Kim Kardashian Claims Her Sister Has Been 'Suspended' from the App
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- November 16, 1998
- Vol. 50
- No. 18
Steven Petersen: Sexiest Animal Lover
But the man The New York Times called "the series heartthrob" pooh-poohs his popularity. "It's just the classic thing of TV being larger than life," says Petersen, 37, of the acclaim he has received since the Animal Planet channel began airing E.V. last year. "I've always considered myself a pretty average kind of guy."
Fiancée Jill Johnson, 26, disagrees. "He's not one to sit on the couch," says the veterinary technician, who shares a four-bedroom home in suburban Denver with the 5'10" Petersen and their two cats and two dogs (Booker, a yellow Lab, and Melvin, an Australian cattle dog). Indeed, during lunch breaks and after his 60-hour work weeks, the avid skier, windsurfer and runner indulges in his "true passion"—racing mountain bikes. He also never lets himself go, says Johnson: "He always shaves. His face is not scruffy on weekends." Neither are his rock-hard legs. Like most professional bike racers, Petersen shaves them. "We tease him about that, but those legs are awesome!" says Alameda East director and biking buddy Dr. Robert Taylor. "Steve takes good care of himself; he treats his body like a temple." Even better, man's best friend's best friend doesn't worship at his own altar. "He doesn't take himself seriously," says McCabe. "If he did, they'd have to widen the doors to the hospital." Or at least put him on a leash.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!