1. A fan once said The King and I
's Yul Brynner (in 1956) would be a heart-stopper "even if he grew grass on his head."
2. After he went hairless in 1965, "women found me more attractive," said Telly (Kojak) Savalas.
3. Chrome-dome Mr. Clean has scored with women since 1958.
4. Even at age 68, former 007 Sean Connery turns heads.
5. It's no bull: Michael Jordan takes hairless to new heights.
6. "I've been like this since I was 19," Star Trek
's Patrick Stewart has said of his baldness.
7. "His is one of the most beautiful bald heads in show business," Homicide
's Richard Belzer told PEOPLE of former costar Andre Braugher.
8. "When I found out women like it, it really helped," Billy Bob Thornton said to INSTYLE of his retreating growth.
9. Discovered on a Paris street, Djimon Hounsou shot to the top, eventually winning a starring role in Amistad
10. Smashing Pumpkins' Billy Corgan counters rock's mane look.
11. Despite the wig he wore in Pulp Fiction
, Samuel L. Jackson has long been a smooth operator.
12. Bruce Willis
, who shaved his thinning locks for 1995's Twelve Monkeys
, told USA Today
that because of his naked head, "I'm very popular in my house. Kids rub it. They write on it."
13. Billy Zane, who wore a rug for his hair-raising role in Titanic
, recently told the Scottish Daily Record
, "Everyone uses a different way to get into character. I start by designing the hair." Shaving his head, he added, "makes it easier to have great head massages."
14. Gracefully balding Ed Harris, sometimes called the thinking woman's sex symbol, loved his role as Apollo 13
's mission controller because he got to have a crew cut.
15. Opponents, even former top dog Hulk Hogan, can't get a grip on WCW champion wrestler Goldberg.