Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Chelsea Handler Defends Playboy Op-Ed About Having Two Abortions After Receiving Criticism Over Tone of Article
- Read the Cover Story: Matthew McConaughey: Love, Family & What I've Learned
- Blac Chyna Displays Growing Bump in Form-Fitting Baby Blue Dress
- Kylie Jenner's Latest Snaps (Pretty Much) Confirm She and Tyga Have Rekindled Their Romance
- Husband and Daughters Beg For Their Lives in Chilling 911 Calls Placed Moments Before Texas Mom Opened Fire
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- November 16, 1998
- Vol. 50
- No. 18
The Airplane Is Grounded; Missouri Band Members Sue
The controversy began when a parent showed the song's lyrics (notably "One pill makes you larger, and one pill makes you small") to school superintendent Bernard DuBray. In September, DuBray, 51, ordered the piece deleted from the medley because, he says, "It is an anthem for the drug culture." Immediately, "the kids all went running to the Internet to find out the words," says one band mother. Composer Grace Slick, 59, insists she never meant to glorify drugs but was merely "paraphrasing Alice in Wonderland," wherein Alice "takes at least five mind-altering chemicals."
While DuBray has succeeded for now in censoring "Rabbit," he may be less thrilled to learn that he has turned on a flock of new fans to Slick's music. "Now I have two Jefferson Airplane CDs," says baritone horn player David Graham, 16. "And I listen to them all the time."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!