Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,189 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- FROM TIME: Missouri Executes Man for 15-Year-Old Girl's 1989 Killing
- The Best Photos from the Week of August 24- August 30, 2015
- Train Hero Anthony Sadler Tells Jimmy Fallon How He and His Friends Disarmed Gunman
- Michael Shannon Fooled the Internet Into Thinking He'd Have Flipper Hands in Batman v Superman
- Christina Applegate Stars in Meryl Streep: The Lifetime Biopic (Video)
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- March 29, 1999
- Vol. 51
- No. 11
No, Lester doesn't have a far-hipper-than-thou social life; the celebs she's talking about are video images. As executive producer of People Profiles, a weekly series that will air on CNN beginning March 23 at 10 p.m. ET, Lester is in charge of creating 10 hour-long celebrity biographies. The subjects—drawn from the 25 "Legends" in our 25th-anniversary issue—include, in addition to those above, Oprah Winfrey, Elizabeth Taylor, Christopher Reeve and others. "Most of the people profiled were generous with their time," says Lester, who has worked in television for nearly 30 years and won three Emmys. "And that makes the shows rich and personal."
With help from the subjects and their friends, Profiles staffers tracked down rare photos and footage. Gilda Radner dances with her dad in old home movies; yes, that bellboy in a clip from the 1966 film Dead Heat on a Merry-Go-Round is Harrison Ford, uttering his first onscreen line ("Paging Mr. Ellis!"). What did Lester conclude after more than a year on the project? "When Spielberg talks, he sounds like a guy who loves what he's doing," she says. "I think that's true in a lot of the interviews. Rich-and-famous is a nice by-product, but in most cases, the driving goal was to do something they loved."
September 01, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!