Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Chris Rock's Estranged Wife Malaak Speaks Out About Clash Over Child She Says They Raised as Their Own
- Read the Cover Story: Adele’s Triumphant Return: How Love Changed Her Life
- Teresa Giudice Will Spend Thanksgiving Alone in Prison to Make Holiday as 'Normal as Possible for the Girls,' Source Says
- Kourtney Kardashian and Scott Disick Step Out for Lunch in Calabasas Ahead of Thanksgiving
- Mark Zuckerberg Is 'Thankful' for Family, Shares Sweet Photo of Pregnant Wife Priscilla Taken By Annie Leibovitz
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- April 26, 1999
- Vol. 51
- No. 15
At the End of His Tether, An Atlanta Firefighter Saves a Worker Trapped Above a Raging Inferno
Enter Mel Gib...er, Matt Moseley, a 30-year-old Atlanta firefighter. Harnessed to the end of an 80-foot polyester rope, he appeared angel-like out of the heavens as a rescue helicopter flew him toward Sims. "I told him I'd come up because his boss said he could knock off early," says Moseley, adding that Sims seemed not in the mood for his humor. "I wasn't thinking about jokes," the grateful rescuee says with a laugh. "I was thinking about getting to the ground."
Moseley, a scuba-diving buff who isn't crazy about heights, got the job done. As TV viewers held their breath, he secured Sims—unharmed except for mild heat exposure—to a harness, and both men were flown to safety by crack helicopter pilot Boyd Clines and navigator Larry Rogers. But a scarier challenge awaited Moseley the following day: appearing on all the morning talk shows. "I can't wait till this is over," says the unmarried hero (he has a steady girlfriend). "Fighting fires is nothing compared to the media."
November 23, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!