Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Authorities Arrest Fugitive Who Allegedly Shot Girlfriend and Was Caught on Surveillance Camera Killing Store Clerk
- Read the Cover Story: Prince, 1958-2016
- Jana Kramer's Blog: The Twists and Turns of My Daughter's Delivery
- 8 Surprising Stars Who Have Never Been to the Met Gala (Like 5 Time Vogue Cover Girl Angelina Jolie!)
- Kim Kardashian Sets Goal Weight for Met Gala (and Wants to Take the KarJenner Family Christmas Photo on Met Steps!)
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
But with roles in 200 Cigarettes and the forthcoming offbeat comedy Desert Blue, Hudson, 20 (her father is Bill Hudson, of the '70s comedy trio the Hudson Brothers), is generating sparks of her own. "She has a timeless look, an accessible beauty that runs deep," says director Cameron Crowe (Jerry Maguire), who cast her as a 1970s rock groupie in his next, as-yet-untitled film. "She's sophisticated and innocent at the same time," agrees Cigarettes costar Casey Affleck, "and as lovely as a drop of rain."
Past attempts to capitalize on that beauty, though, were sometimes all wet. "I'm the queen of messing everything up," says Hudson, confessing self-tanner run-ins ("My skin turned orange") and misguided perms. Fortunately, for some cosmetic emergencies the fix was right in-house. While Hawn preferred Kate's hair in a ponytail, Russell, whom Hudson calls Dad, "could do that '80s bang flip perfectly on me," she says. "With the hairspray, really far up."
The 5'6" Hudson and her mom part ways on more than hairstyles. "Kate has very different eyes and a different nose," says Hawn. Common ground? "A heart-shaped face and a good, high spirit." And a very crowded vanity. "I'm a product freak," says Hudson, whose plethora of "yummy, smell-good stuff" includes Sisley moisturizer, Nars foundation and makeup from BeneFit and Philosophy. But even with ballet classes and monthly facials, "some days, like everyone, I can't look at myself," she says. Other days, "you go, 'Oh, I have a little bit of a glow today' " Shine on.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!