Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- FROM EW: Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks Reunite in Trailer for Her Directorial Debut Ithaca
- Read the Cover Story: George Turns 3: The Preschool Prince!
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Enjoy Romantic Dinner Date in L.A. – Get the Details!
- President Obama Passes The Torch: 'Never A Man Or Woman – Not Me, Not Bill, Nobody – More Qualified Than Hillary Clinton'
- Tim Kaine Dedicates First Speech as VP Nominee to His Son Deployed With Marines: 'I Trust Hillary Clinton With Our Son's Life'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 10, 1999
- Vol. 51
- No. 17
Jennifer Lopez: Actress
So she is, and with the electricity she generated with George Clooney in last year's Out of Sight, the 5'6" Bronx-raised Puerto Rican is powered up. "Jennifer is one of those people who, when they enter a room, change the molecular activity," says Sight director Steven Soderbergh. "It's some kind of spirit, some kind of life force that moves with her." To keep the molecules aligned, Lopez hits the cardio machines in the gym, is never without moisturizer ("I switch brands every few months because I feel my skin gets tired of just one") and visits spas ("I'll do the scrubs, the baths, the massage, the facial—everything"). Men notice the effort. Since the 1998 breakup of her yearlong marriage to model Ojani Noa, Lopez has stepped out with rapper Sean "Puffy" Combs and with Mariah Carey's ex, Sony Music chief Tommy Mottola, who is overseeing her debut CD, due in June. "She's very sexy and very confident, which comes through in the way she carries herself," says Mark Badgley of Badgley Mischka, who designed her Oscar gown. For that self-assurance, Lopez credits her parents, David, a computer technician, and Lupe, a kindergarten teacher. "Every time I call, my dad says, 'Hi, gorgeous,' " reports Lopez. "That makes me feel beautiful." And despite her protests, she is proud to buck Hollywood's waif mentality. "For so long it was just skinny, skinny, skinny," she says. "I'm glad to contribute to the self-esteem of others."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!