Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,178 covers and 55,102 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Read This Boston Marathon Bombing Survivor's Open Letter to Dzhokhar Tsarnaev
- Read the Cover Story: What Caused This Teenager to Murder His Parents?
- Kimberly Henderson, Single Mom and Viral Star, on Her Incredible Journey
- Grey Gardens Filmmaker Albert Maysles Dies at 88
- Juliette Lewis Talks Quitting Drugs at 22, Battling Mania 'My Entire Life'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 10, 1999
- Vol. 51
- No. 17
Emmylou Harris: Musician
Amen, says Willie Nelson, who calls her "a natural beauty who knows there is no need to cover up." Agrees singer-songwriter Rodney Crowell: "She's forever young."
The brown-eyed girl was "a cute kid," admits Harris, thanks to dad Walter, a career Marine who died in 1993, and homemaker mom Eugenia, who "is still beautiful at 77." Despite winning a local Woodbridge, Va., beauty contest at age 17, Harris says she "didn't start wearing makeup until I was in my 30s."
Today, the thrice-divorced mother of two daughters still sings the praises of "a good haircut" and meticulous skin care. "Linda Ronstadt [who joins Harris and Dolly Parton on the new album Trio II] turned me on to Erno Laszlo skin-care products years ago," the 5'7" Harris says. Though she says she'd "be happy to be a slug," she starts each day with free weights, sit-ups and 15 minutes of Appalachian buck dancing to Celtic or bluegrass music. "At a certain point," she figures, "you have to do some aerobic exercise."
Just not under Mother Nature's glaring eye. "I'll tan my body but not my face," Harris stresses, treating it instead to monthly facials and a daily dab of blusher. "As long as I have a little rose in the cheeks, I can face the world." What could be more natural than that?
March 06, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!