Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Princess Stephanie Talks About Losing Her Mom, Princess Grace – and How Her Rescue Elephants Helped Her Find Peace
- Read the Cover Story: How Blake Shelton Is Moving On After Split
- VIDEO: Judge Sentences Domestic Violence Victim to Jail for Not Showing Up at Her Alleged Abuser's Trial
- VIDEO: Kendra Wilkinson Admits, 'I Don't Know What I Would Do' If an Intimacy Retreat Can't Fix My Marriage
- InStyle's Virtual Reality Experience Will Blow Your Mind (We Promise)
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 10, 1999
- Vol. 51
- No. 17
Emmylou Harris: Musician
Amen, says Willie Nelson, who calls her "a natural beauty who knows there is no need to cover up." Agrees singer-songwriter Rodney Crowell: "She's forever young."
The brown-eyed girl was "a cute kid," admits Harris, thanks to dad Walter, a career Marine who died in 1993, and homemaker mom Eugenia, who "is still beautiful at 77." Despite winning a local Woodbridge, Va., beauty contest at age 17, Harris says she "didn't start wearing makeup until I was in my 30s."
Today, the thrice-divorced mother of two daughters still sings the praises of "a good haircut" and meticulous skin care. "Linda Ronstadt [who joins Harris and Dolly Parton on the new album Trio II] turned me on to Erno Laszlo skin-care products years ago," the 5'7" Harris says. Though she says she'd "be happy to be a slug," she starts each day with free weights, sit-ups and 15 minutes of Appalachian buck dancing to Celtic or bluegrass music. "At a certain point," she figures, "you have to do some aerobic exercise."
Just not under Mother Nature's glaring eye. "I'll tan my body but not my face," Harris stresses, treating it instead to monthly facials and a daily dab of blusher. "As long as I have a little rose in the cheeks, I can face the world." What could be more natural than that?
October 08, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!