Archive Page - 08/16/13 40 years, 2,169 covers and 54,876 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- So, Has Rosie Perez Met a White Man Who Can Jump?
- The Style Top 5: The Best Star Style From the PEOPLE Magazine Awards
- Lance Bass & Michael Turchin: Inside Our Wedding
- Kourtney Kardashian Reveals Her Baby's Name & More Weekend News
- Celebri-lattes! Amazing Coffee Art of Taylor Swift, Nick Jonas & Other Stars
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Sunday December 21, 2014 09:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
Among her other attributes, says makeup-artist friend Collier Strong, Aniston, 5'5", "has a body that rocks the world." And the star, who stays in shape with thrice-weekly workouts at the gym, learned early on to accentuate the positive. Longtime pal Andrea Bendewald, of the Suddenly Susan cast, says Aniston's makeup was "never gaudy" when they attended Manhattan's High School for the Performing Arts. The thanks goes to the influence of her mother, Nancy, a model-actress. (Her actor father, John, was a longtime regular on Days of Our Lives). And when she hit L.A. in the early '90s, Aniston reluctantly realized that she had to pare down. "It's unfortunate that Hollywood puts pressure on women to be thin," she told PEOPLE in 1997, "because it sends the wrong message." Still, she melted away 30 pounds in about a year. "She didn't bounce around from diet to diet," says Bendewald. "She just started eating better." And what happened to that girl-next-door image? That may have been a mirage in the first place. "She has a bit of that quality," says her father. "But you should be so lucky to find a girl next door like her."
December 20, 2014
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!