Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Cops Arrest Man Who Allegedly Threatened to Give Store Clerks AIDS With Apparent Syringe
- Read the Cover Story: Adele’s Triumphant Return: How Love Changed Her Life
- Jennifer Lawrence the Director? The Actress Says She's Signed On to Helm a Comedy Film
- Elisa Donovan Jokes: Who, Exactly, Is Running Things Around Here – Me or My Daughter?
- Towson University Women's Dive Coach Indicted on Peeping Tom Charge Over Alleged Cellphone Video in Locker Room
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 17, 1999
- Vol. 51
- No. 18
Jailed Seven Years for Shooting Mary Jo Buttafuoco, Amy Fisher Gets Forgiveness—and a Reduced Sentence
With Mary Jo on board, Judge Ira Wexner reduced Fisher's sentence to a maximum of 10½ years, making her immediately eligible for release. On May 4 she appeared before the parole board, which had the power to free her in a matter of days. In any event, with time off for good behavior, she cannot be held beyond August. It is not clear what Fisher, who has been taking a business course behind bars and was elected last year by her fellow inmates to be their representative to prison authorities, plans to do once she is out, though she may be able to make some money on a book deal. One person Fisher is not likely to be socializing with is Joey, 43, who, with Mary Jo, now lives in West Hills, Calif., where he still works in the auto-body-shop business. He also does some acting and is slated to appear in a movie called The Underground Comedy, due out soon.
Fisher's mother, Rose, has no doubt that Amy now has her impulses under control. "She is a very hard worker," Rose recently told PEOPLE, "and when she sets her mind to something, she will do it."
November 25, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!