Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,178 covers and 55,102 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Khloé Kardashian Goes Blonde: See Her New Hue! (PHOTO)
- The Style Top 5: Cara Delevingne Gets Handsy With Her BFFs, Kim Kardashian's Unique Way of Thanking Her Fans and More
- Guess Who's Joining the RHONY Cast
- Cult Leader Victor Barnard, Wanted on 59 Counts of Child Molestation, Arrested in Brazil
- Maggie Smith on Those Downton Abbey Rumors: 'I Don't Know How It Could Go On'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- June 14, 1999
- Vol. 51
- No. 22
After 85 Years, a Fallen Soldier's Bottled Message Reaches Home
Hughes's body was never recovered, but in a sense, he has come home. A descendant read an article on Gowan's catch and told The Sun that Hughes's widow, Elizabeth, had remarried and moved with their daughter Emily to New Zealand. Elizabeth died in 1979, but Emily Crowhurst, 86, is alive. New Zealand's postal service flew Gowan to Auckland, and on May 17 he presented the bottle to the tearful grandmother of seven. She has no memory of her father, but now feels she knows him just a little. "He must have been," she says, "a romantic and caring man."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!