Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Beauty Gifts She'll Love, from Stocking Stuffer to Splurge
- Read the Cover Story: Adele’s Triumphant Return: How Love Changed Her Life
- Two 19-Year-Old Guys Create 'The PMS Package' to Comfort Girls on Their Periods
- Florida Police Launch Investigation After Woman Shares Photo of Dog With Muzzle Duct-Taped Shut
- Police Officer Slain in Planned Parenthood Shooting Volunteered to Respond to the Scene, Was a Competitive Ice Dancer
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- July 26, 1999
- Vol. 52
- No. 3
The Way We Were
A Look Back at the Year People Began
"Movies destroy me as an actress," Faye Dun-away, 33, told PEOPLE. She recently toured in Master Class.
Early Morning Wake-up Call
New York City local news anchor Jim Hartz, 34, began a three-year run as Barbara Walters's cohost on Today July 29. He currently hosts Innovation, a PBS science and high technology series, and serves as chairman of the board of commissioners of the Will Rogers Memorial.
A Voice Stilled
Mama Cass Elliot, 33, died in a London apartment July 29. Though initial reports said she choked on a sandwich, the coroner later blamed a heart attack. Among her hits with the '60s group the Mamas and the Papas: "Monday, Monday," "Words of Love" and "California Dreamin'."
For Richard Nixon, The End Is Near
History did not record what Rep. Thomas F. Railsback whispered to House Judiciary Committee Chairman Peter W. Rodino Jr. The committee voted to impeach President Nixon July 27 for abusing power, blocking the Watergate probe and refusing to turn over certain White House tapes.
"Annie's Song," John Denver's tribute to his wife, the former Annie Martell, now 52, was this week's top tune. He wrote it while separated from his spouse. And though they divorced in 1983, Denver sang the lyrics until his death in a 1997 plane crash at age 53. The song is one of the five most requested at U.S. weddings.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!