Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Authorities Arrest Fugitive Who Allegedly Shot Girlfriend and Was Caught on Surveillance Camera Killing Store Clerk
- Read the Cover Story: Prince, 1958-2016
- Jana Kramer's Blog: The Twists and Turns of My Daughter's Delivery
- 8 Surprising Stars Who Have Never Been to the Met Gala (Like 5 Time Vogue Cover Girl Angelina Jolie!)
- Kim Kardashian Sets Goal Weight for Met Gala (and Wants to Take the KarJenner Family Christmas Photo on Met Steps!)
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- July 26, 1999
- Vol. 52
- No. 3
To Give Their Three Kids the Ultimate Geography Lesson, Billy and Patti Romp Awarded Them a Roads Scholarship
The Romps took to the road to complement the kids' home schooling. "Not only are they seeing the whole country," says Patti, 43, an alternative-health practitioner, "they're feeling the whole country."
The traveling geography lesson—the Romps stick mostly to back roads—has taken them to the New York Stock Exchange, Washington, D.C., and a mid-western steel mill, as well as to more national parks and museums than they cm count. And though they packed camping gear, the family usually stays in the homes of people they meet along the way. "We could never repay the kindness we've seen." says Billy, 46. a freelance writer who sells Christmas trees in Manhattan's Greenwich Village each December.
Around the end of July the Romps will ferry to British Columbia, then to Alaska. After completing the last 1,500 miles of their trip, Billy says, they'll buy a pickup truck and tie the bike to the roof for the journey home. Which should make the return trip a relative romp for the Romp relatives.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!