Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Two 90-Year-Old World War II Veterans Parachute Into Field Where One Was Shot Down 72 Years Ago
- Read the Cover Story: The Gosselins 10 Years Later: 'So Much Has Changed'
- In Honor of Women's Equality Day: 11 Famous Women Currently Rocking the World
- Dog with a Job: Meet Bailey the Seagull Security Guard
- Stowaway Cat Discovered Under Seat During Air Canada Flight
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- August 16, 1999
- Vol. 52
- No. 6
Picks and Pans Review: The Iron Giant
Hogarth Hughes, 9, has a secret he's keeping from his widowed mom (Aniston) and the other folks in his small town in Maine. His best friend is a 50-foot robot from outer space. The metallic monster is a big sweetie-pie, though once the giant is spotted, it takes Hogarth a while to convince a cool beatnik (Connick), townies, snoopy government agents, the military and his mom of this salient fact.
The Iron Giant, set in 1957, is a well-told and beautifully drawn tale of friendship and fortitude based on a novel by British poet Ted Hughes, who wrote the story to comfort his children after the suicide death of their mother, novelist and poet Sylvia Plath. (PG)
Bottom Line: Fe, fi, fo, fun
- Elizabeth Leonard.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!