Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,181 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Lawrence of Arabia Star Omar Sharif Is Suffering from Alzheimer's, Says Son
- Read the Cover Story – Tess Holliday: The World's First Size 22 Supermodel!
- What Happened When Ray Liotta and Christopher Walken Sat Next to Each Other on a Flight?
- Never Hear 'You Look Tired' Again – Thanks to This Beauty Product
- Police Recover Body in Hudson River Near Where Kayaker Disappeared
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- August 16, 1999
- Vol. 52
- No. 6
Picks and Pans Review: The Iron Giant
Hogarth Hughes, 9, has a secret he's keeping from his widowed mom (Aniston) and the other folks in his small town in Maine. His best friend is a 50-foot robot from outer space. The metallic monster is a big sweetie-pie, though once the giant is spotted, it takes Hogarth a while to convince a cool beatnik (Connick), townies, snoopy government agents, the military and his mom of this salient fact.
The Iron Giant, set in 1957, is a well-told and beautifully drawn tale of friendship and fortitude based on a novel by British poet Ted Hughes, who wrote the story to comfort his children after the suicide death of their mother, novelist and poet Sylvia Plath. (PG)
Bottom Line: Fe, fi, fo, fun
- Elizabeth Leonard.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!