Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,189 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- VIDEO: Are Kendra and Hank Nearing a Breaking Point? 'I'm So Tired of Trying to Fix Him,' She Admits
- Read the Cover Story: The Kennedy Family's Darkest Secret
- VIDEO: Rebecca Romijn on the Bikini That Landed Her the Cover of Sports Illustrated
- VIDEO: Injured Train Hero Spencer Stone Arrives Back in the U.S. as Crowd Cheers
- Jason Sudekis Downs a Nasty Cocktail When He Plays a Drinking Game with Jimmy Fallon
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- September 06, 1999
- Vol. 52
- No. 9
Fans Flock to Baltimore's Little Italy to Watch Movies Flickering Down from John Pente's Spare Bedroom
Every Friday since early July, the street lights of Baltimore's Little Italy dim after dusk as spectators settle into folding chairs. Then a shaft of light flickers from Pente's third floor, splashing movies including Rocky, Moonstruck and, of course, Cinema Paradiso onto the blank billboard across Stiles Street. For months local restaurateurs had planned to use the billboard for advertising, and that didn't sit well in the neighborhood. But peace was restored when they decided to host an alfresco film festival instead. Now up to 1,300 viewers pack the streets each week. Says Pente, 89: "It makes it a great neighborhood again."
A widower who retired from repairing electronic equipment in 1972, Pente gladly agreed to let the organizers of the free film series park a projector in his ideally located spare bedroom. After all, it gives him the best seat in the house. "When you look out your window and see more than a thousand people in your backyard," he says, "it's a beautiful sight."
September 04, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!