Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,172 covers and 54,888 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Wednesday January 28, 2015 11:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- September 20, 1999
- Vol. 52
- No. 11
1. "Terrible," declares A.B.S's Allen Schwartz of the Tahari crushed-velvet dress and shrug Rhea wore to the Beverly Hills premiere of Meet Joe Black last November. "The top is too pushed out," critiques designer Pamela Dennis. "She's a young woman," author Pamela Keogh says, "and I think this is way too old for her,"
2. Performing at Carolines on Broadway in New York City last fall, Rhea seemed to want to be "classy, conservative, sexy, fun, sporty—all at the same time," says Roshumba. But Melina Root can relate to Rhea's familiar-looking getup. "No comment," she laughs. "I own that outfit, more or less. Everyone in America owns that outfit."
3. Rhea, catching a plane in L.A. last May, flew straight into a fashion faux pas. "This is okay if you're just trying on something," Pamela Dennis chastises, "and not going out in public." Roshumba figures it must have been a red-eye flight: "She's a little overwhelmed and exhausted," she says. "Please," suggests Keogh, "a little lipstick, a little mascara. I'm sorry, but she looks like a waitress at Howard Johnson's."
January 28, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!