Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Dan Deacon on Touring with Miley Cyrus: She's Surprisingly 'Down to Earth'
- Read the Cover Story: Adele’s Triumphant Return: How Love Changed Her Life
- Miranda Lambert Heads Home to Texas for Thanksgiving: 'Nothing Beats a Note from Mom'
- All Grown Up: How Sasha and Malia Obama Have Changed Since Dad Took Office
- VIDEO: Eagles of Death Metal Recall Horror of Paris Terror Attacks: We 'Immediately Knew Something Was Wrong'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- October 18, 1999
- Vol. 52
- No. 15
The Way We Were
A Look Back at the Year PEOPLE Began
While Betty Ford recovered from a mastectomy, her daughter Susan, 17, served as stand-in First Lady on White House receiving lines. "Not bad, but I'd rather have Mother do it," she told PEOPLE this week.
A New Direction
On Oct. 19, Dustin Hoffman, 37, announced plans for his Broadway directing debut in the Murray Schisgal comedy "All Over Town," which starred Cleavon Little and Barnard Hughes. "This does not mean that I prefer directing to acting but that I'd like to do both," he told The New York Times. He did, but acting took precedence. This year Hoffman, a two-time Academy Award winner, received the American Film Institute's Life Achievement Award.
Former Mouseketeer Annette Funicello, 32 (with husband Jack Gilardi), gave birth to her third child, Jason, Oct. 21 in Burbank. Today she battles multiple sclerosis.
Hospital Call for Benny
Comedian Jack Benny, 80, checked into Los Angeles's Cedars of Lebanon hospital Oct. 20 after his right hand felt numb while he prepared for a concert. He died of cancer two months later.
Doctors declare Vice President Nelson Rockefeller's wife, Happy, 48, cancer-free Oct. 18 after her recent surgery. She still frequents New York's social scene.
"Nothing from Nothing" put Billy Preston, 28, atop the pop charts this week. Convicted in 1992 on drug charges and in 1998 on fraud charges, Preston, now free, still tours.
November 23, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!