Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Clinton Campaign Official on Anthony Weiner Scandal: It's 'Ridiculous' to Call Huma Abedin a Liability: 'That's Not Who Hillary Clinton Is'
- Read the Cover Story: The Gosselins 10 Years Later: 'So Much Has Changed'
- Inside Anthony Weiner and Huma Abedin's Tumultuous Marriage: 5 Things We Learned About the Pair from Weiner Documentary
- FROM MOTTO: My Terminally Ill Friend Killed Herself – This Is Our Last Conversation
- Ruby Rose Gets a Giant Pantone Color Chart Tattoo on Her Back: See It Now!
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- October 18, 1999
- Vol. 52
- No. 15
Little Makenzie Snyder Helps Foster Children Carry the Load
Children to Children started last year when Makenzie heard stories of how foster kids shuttling from placement to placement had to carry their few possessions in trash bags. "I felt really sad," she recalls. Then, remembering the drive her two older brothers had run to buy some equipment for the local fire department, Makenzie told her mother that she "wanted to go to a yard sale and get some suitcases." Observes proud mom Margie, 35, a homemaker: "She's always been independent."
Soon Makenzie's mother and father (Daniel, 37, is safety director for a construction firm) were ferrying the youngster to her deliveries. When word of the program spread, her Brownie troop and the Bowie Volunteer Fire Department pitched in, collecting donations. Makenzie carefully packs each bag with a stuffed animal and a note that says, "God told me you could use a duffel bag and a cuddly friend. So I send this with love to you."
In September, Makenzie received a $15,000 grant from the Freddie Mac Foundation to buy more bags and toys. "It is clear to us that Makenzie is going to go far in life," says Maxine B. Baker, executive director of the Northern Virginia-based group. "She is making children touched by her kindness feel special."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!