Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,178 covers and 55,102 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Channing Tatum, Emma Stone and Zac Efron Lead MTV Movie Award Nominations
- Read the Cover Story: What Caused This Teenager to Murder His Parents?
- 14 Dinner-for-Breakfast Recipes That Will Make You Give Up Cereal
- Ansel Elgort's Mom Doesn't Know Who Bruce Willis Is (VIDEO)
- 5 Places to Wear Your Katy Perry-Approved Left Shark Onesie (Yep, That's a Thing Now)
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- November 01, 1999
- Vol. 52
- No. 17
Meet the Quiz Whiz
The Answer Is: Eddie Timanus. Question: Who Is Jeopardy!'s Most Inspiring Winner?
The only son of Chuck and wife Terri, an office manager, Timanus was 3 when he lost both eyes to retinoblastoma, a form of cancer. (He now wears plastic prosthetics.) "Eddie adjusted a lot more quickly than we did," says his dad, who used to take him along to ball games. "At 4 or 5, he was keeping score and keeping stats. He never forgot anything." That skill turned Timanus, who graduated from Wake Forest University in 1990 and shares a townhouse with his parents, into a self-described "trivia junkie"—the perfect résumé for a Jeopardy! champion. So what's next? "Well," says Timanus, "there's always the chance to win Ben Stein's money."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!