Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Larry Wilmore Pulls No Punches at WHCD: 'You Look Terrible, Mr. President'
- Read the Cover Story: Prince, 1958-2016
- President Obama Skewers Trump in Final WHCD Speech: 'Is This Dinner Too Tacky for Donald?'
- Michelle Obama Goes for the Gold at Final White House Correspondents' Dinner as First Lady
- Michelle Dockery Returns to the Red Carpet for the First Time Following Fiancé's Tragic Death
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- November 01, 1999
- Vol. 52
- No. 17
Ceramist Jonathan Adler's Designs Make Celebs—and Civilians—Go to Pot. And Vase. And Lamp. And...
They're also a $2.5-million-a-year business. Adler, who personally crafts the "couture collection" he sells for $100 to $600 at his SoHo boutique and at trendy stores such as Manhattan's Jeffrey, launched a cheaper "pot-a-porter" line (made by Peruvian artisans) last year for the Pottery Barn chain. His secret is a look that's more hip than hippie. "My work has gotten away from the Vermont crunchy aesthetic," says the Bridgeton, N.J., native, who majored in art history and semiotics (doesn't every potter?) at Brown University before honing his craft at the Rhode Island School of Design.
Indeed, Adler often labors in Prada shoes—to the consternation of his style-maven partner of five years, Barneys creative director Simon Doonan. "I buy him fancy designer bits for his birthday, and they end up spattered with clay," sighs Doonan, 47, who shares a lower Manhattan apartment with Adler and their terrier Liberace. "I can't keep anything clean," admits Adler. "I've surrendered to the clay."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!