Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- What Does the Inspector General's Report on Hillary Clinton's Emails Really Mean?
- Read the Cover Story: Steve Harvey: From Homeless to Having It All
- Sam Claflin Spills About Behind-the-Scenes Pranks With Me Before You Co-star Emilia Clarke: 'I Made Her Think I Was Deeply Offended'
- Oscar Isaac's Ex Machina Dance Can (and Should) be Applied to Practically Every Song Imaginable
- WATCH: Amy Schumer Gets Catfished by Jake Gyllenhaal – and It's Not Pretty
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- November 01, 1999
- Vol. 52
- No. 17
Ceramist Jonathan Adler's Designs Make Celebs—and Civilians—Go to Pot. And Vase. And Lamp. And...
They're also a $2.5-million-a-year business. Adler, who personally crafts the "couture collection" he sells for $100 to $600 at his SoHo boutique and at trendy stores such as Manhattan's Jeffrey, launched a cheaper "pot-a-porter" line (made by Peruvian artisans) last year for the Pottery Barn chain. His secret is a look that's more hip than hippie. "My work has gotten away from the Vermont crunchy aesthetic," says the Bridgeton, N.J., native, who majored in art history and semiotics (doesn't every potter?) at Brown University before honing his craft at the Rhode Island School of Design.
Indeed, Adler often labors in Prada shoes—to the consternation of his style-maven partner of five years, Barneys creative director Simon Doonan. "I buy him fancy designer bits for his birthday, and they end up spattered with clay," sighs Doonan, 47, who shares a lower Manhattan apartment with Adler and their terrier Liberace. "I can't keep anything clean," admits Adler. "I've surrendered to the clay."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!