Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,181 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Buffy and Willow Back Together! Sarah Michelle Gellar Reunites with Former Co-star Alyson Hannigan
- Read the Cover Story – Tess Holliday: The World's First Size 22 Supermodel!
- Inside the 'Treatment' Josh Duggar Received After Reported Child Molestation
- Scott Porter Welcomes a Son – See Baby's First Photo!
- Cannes Winners: Rooney Mara Ties for Best Actress, Dheepan Takes the Palme d'Or
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- November 01, 1999
- Vol. 52
- No. 17
It's Good to Be King
You've Got a Friend? How About Thousands? At a Gala, Singers Celebrate Carole King
Judging by the talent pool onstage, she wasn't alone. The benefit concert, which celebrated PEOPLE'S 25th anniversary and raised nearly $1 million for charity, attracted an eclectic mix of performers that also included James Taylor, Luther Vandross, Mavis Staples, 98°, Rickie Lee Jones, Trisha Year-wood, Kenneth "Babyface" Edmonds, Chrissie Hynde, Brian McKnight and the Jazzmen. After the show, some 900 guests nibbled smoked salmon and filet of beef at Manhattan's Hammerstein Ballroom. "There was such a warm, special feeling," said singer Sherry Goffin-Kondor, King's daughter with Gerry Goffin, King's former husband and lyricist. Mom couldn't agree more. "This," said a moist-eyed King, 57, "is an amazing night."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!