Archive Page - 08/16/13 40 years, 2,169 covers and 54,876 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- The Night at the Museum Cast Remembers Robin Williams
- The Style Top 5: The Best Star Style From the PEOPLE Magazine Awards
- Babysitter's Story of Masked Intruders Unravels as She's Charged in Strangulation Death of 5-Year-old
- Reese Witherspoon: My Divorce Made My Brain Feel Like 'Scrambled Eggs'
- See the Most Sizzling Fashion Moments from the PEOPLE Magazine Awards!
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Friday December 19, 2014 05:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- November 15, 1999
- Vol. 52
- No. 19
The Mother of All Ferris Wheels Will Give London Its Turn of the Century
The newspaper contest never got off the ground, but against all odds the wheel has. With the help of British Airways, Marks and Barfield's $32 million project is nearing completion in the heart of London across the river from the Houses of Parliament. If all goes well, on New Year's Eve journalists and VIPs will ride the wheel's first 26-minute turn, listening to recorded commentary as they soak in the spectacular views. (Next year the public can get on, at $12 for adults, $8 for kids.) The couple are pleased so many Londoners seem enthusiastic about the project. "If it brings prosperity to the area and gives visitors a great experience, then we will be delighted," Marks says. "We may even make some money."
December 19, 2014
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!