Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Chandra Levy: Five Things to Know About the Murdered D.C. Intern
- Read the Cover Story: George Turns 3: The Preschool Prince!
- Game of Thrones Will End After Season 8, HBO Confirms
- Katy Perry Plans to Look Like Paula Deen in 30 Years so Gear Up
- 6 Things to Know About Harry Potter and the Cursed Child – And How it Fits Into the Potter Universe
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- November 15, 1999
- Vol. 52
- No. 19
The Mother of All Ferris Wheels Will Give London Its Turn of the Century
The newspaper contest never got off the ground, but against all odds the wheel has. With the help of British Airways, Marks and Barfield's $32 million project is nearing completion in the heart of London across the river from the Houses of Parliament. If all goes well, on New Year's Eve journalists and VIPs will ride the wheel's first 26-minute turn, listening to recorded commentary as they soak in the spectacular views. (Next year the public can get on, at $12 for adults, $8 for kids.) The couple are pleased so many Londoners seem enthusiastic about the project. "If it brings prosperity to the area and gives visitors a great experience, then we will be delighted," Marks says. "We may even make some money."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!