Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Gladys Tordil, 44, Allegedly Gunned Down by Estranged Husband in Maryland High School Shooting Leaving Another Injured: Report
- Read the Cover Story: Prince Harry: Finding My Purpose
- WATCH: Adele Helps Same-Sex Couple Get Engaged During Copenhagen Concert, Volunteers to be Their Surrogate
- Former NFL Star Will Smith's Widow Racquel Accepts Masters Degree on Late Husband's Behalf
- Kristen Bell Discusses Dealing with Anxiety and Depression: 'I Shatter a Little Bit When I Think People Don't Like Me'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- November 15, 1999
- Vol. 52
- No. 19
Greg Payne: Sexiest Model
The youngest of three sons born to a British government worker father of Anglo-Indian descent and a Burmese preschool teacher mum, Payne has also modeled for Fendi, Hermès and Versace. "His ethnicity is extremely interesting," says designer Donatella Versace, who handpicked him for her Versus line of casual wear. "He has a raw, young, rare and sexy look." To designer Cynthia Rowley, though, "what makes Greg really sexy is that he's a troublemaker," she says, laughing at the memory of how he ended her July fashion show, held around a Manhattan rooftop pool, with an impromptu, fully-clad dive in. Even soaking wet, she raves, "he's an original hot item."
When he was a shy, soccer-mad youngster, "people would tell me I was cute, but I don't think anyone thought I was model material," Payne says. "I was more the silent type. Mostly I'd just joke around with the boys and act silly." But things have changed since he was discovered in 1995 at a London McDonald's while on break from a bartending job. "Modeling has helped me open up a lot more," he figures. "It's built up my confidence."
It hasn't done much to beef up his effortlessly lanky 6'1" form. Instead of going to to the gym, "sometimes I'll just laze around and play Nintendo the whole day," says Payne, who often camps out between assignments at the Greenwich Village apartment of girlfriend Giuliana Masiviero, 21, a Brazilian model. Luckily, he's just as interested in romantic dinners ("nice music, dimmed lights, a little champagne," he says), lots of flowers and lighthearted conversation. "I can't stay mad at him," Masiviero says. "He'll start singing stupid songs and making me laugh. I don't know how he can always be in a good mood." Or look this good.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!