Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Sports, Planes and Wine, Oh My! The 8 Best Photos From Prince William and Princess Kate's Fourth Day in Canada
- Read the Cover Story: Brad & Angelina Split After 12 Years: It's Over
- Why Author Jennifer Weiner Chose To Reveal Her Father Died From a Drug Overdose
- Sarah Jessica Parker Reveals She Got 'Cold Feet' About Sex and the City, Once Again Denies Kim Cattrall Feud
- Kim Kardashian West Is 'So Over' Her Feud with Taylor Swift: 'I Don't Want to Talk About Her Anymore'
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- November 15, 1999
- Vol. 52
- No. 19
Po Bronson: Sexiest Author
Well, you can't blame a girl for trying. With his intense blue eyes and gray-flecked brown hair, the 5'11" Stanford University grad is a head turner. "I'll take a friend to a party where he is," says Bronson pal Jane Ganahl, a journalist, "and they'll say, 'Good God, who's that?' He's definitely got something going on." Plenty, in fact. Critics, for the most part, praise his novels, Bombardiers and The First 20 Million Is Always the Hardest, set in the worlds of bond traders and computer start-ups. His current nonfiction take on Silicon Valley, The Nudist on the Late Shift, hit some bestseller charts. But the Seattle native doesn't stay locked in a garret. He is, says writer friend Ethan Watters, "pathologically well-rounded." A self-described "soccer junkie," Bronson plays three to five times a week and works out by swing dancing. "I used to teach aerobics," he says, "so I know how to move my hips."
But the move that attracted his girlfriend of three years, Michele Jumper, 31, an immunologist who develops cancer drugs, is in the kitchen. "He's a fabulous cook," says Jumper. "He can cook Asian food from his mind." Despite operating on all burners, Bronson, whose eight-year marriage to his college sweetheart ended in 1996, clears his calendar for romance. "The ideal date" he says, "should begin in the afternoon."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!